Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My Story Part 2

                                    Part 2 LET'S TALK
                           This is my Story

    So, last week I gave you all an intro of my story that I'm going to tell.  Let's begin........

    My childhood, like many others, was average.  Nothing fancy.  Our house was full of life and laughter. Our neighbors were all kind.  My father was a member of the Air Force so, we lived on base in Arkansas.  Our neighbor on the left of us is where my story gets dark.  Before I continue, No real names will be listed and dates will not be given........meanly because I don't remember.

    As parents, we worry about our children all the time.  As children, on the other hand, we don't have a care in the world. Living on base, surrounded by other Air Force men and women, you should feel safe, right?  You should be able to trust your neighbors or, at least we thought we could.
I was about 11 or 12 years old when my childhood was ruined.  There were several days that seemed as if they would never end.  The first day when I knew my childhood would never be the same from this day forward was when my friend's father asked to a room by myself.

    It was warm outside in Arkansas. I wasn't considered a well behaved young lady so, I was always in trouble and grounded. My little sister and I were friends with our neighbor's youngest daughter, Ashley.  On Saturday afternoon, my sister, Kara and I went next door to play with Ashley.  We were inside for a little while and we started to head outside to the backyard.  As we walked down the hallway, I was stopped by Mr. Smith.  He asked me to come to the spare bed room for a moment.  I'm not sure why I did, but being a child and all, you do what you're told when an adult is talking to you as long as they are not strangers.  I had no idea why he asked me to come in there with him, but when he closed the door ad locked it, I no longer felt safe.  I kept looking outside, wishing I was out there and not in this room.  I told Mr. Smith that I wanted to go outside and he said, "You will shortly."  He then asked me to lay down on the bed.  After I laid down, he put his hand down my shorts and began to touch me where no one should ever touch a child.
    He undid my shorts, pulled down my shorts and my under wear.  He continued to touch me down there while he rubbed my chest.  He then began to put his mouth down there.  I'm not sure how long this went on, but it seemed as if this took forever.  Eventually, he let me go and play.  As I got older, I kept asking myself why I didn't tell my father when Mr. Smith let me go?  My life wasn't threatened by him or anything like that.  As a child, I believe I was just scared.

That's all I'm sharing for now.  I will post again next week.  Thank you for reading.

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment