Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Dip Powder Nails!

                         Let's Talk.......

                    Dip Powder Nails

Hello everyone.  Lately we have been talking about acrylic nails.  Today, I have a different type of acrylic nails to talk about.  I am going to be showing you all nails that were doing using the Dip Powder System.  You notice that some are have polish and others are just colored powders.  Since they are "acrylic" powders, I found that you can use regular acrylic powders to do the dip system as long as you still follow the steps of the dip system and not monomer.  Without further ado, let's get to it.

  This Square shaped set was all dip powder.  Most of the nails are done with this very pretty blue shade with one nail on both hands done with a black.  When doing any color it is good to finish it with a clear coat, just like you would do on regular acrylic nails.  You do this so you don't file off any of the color or design.  Both black colored nails have a sticker decal. When I was finished, I put a clear top coat on the nails to give them a shine.

  This Almond shape set is also all dip powder.  Most of the nails are done with a pink rose color dip powder with one nail on each hand done with this beautiful silver color, and capped with a clear coat.  Again, when finished, I applied a clear top coat.

  This Almond shape set is done with dip powder and regular polish.  What you don't see is that the nails are done with a clear base for that nice strong structure like you would do if you were using acrylic powder with polish.  When I do the nails like that, when finished, I file down to smooth it out and buff.  Just like regular acrylic, when you use the dip powder system, it can take the shape of your nails and make them rough so, be sure to go back and re-shape. I use my favorite nail polish by China Glaze, only the blue one.  The other color is not by China Glaze but it was a pretty color.  Finish with a top coat and done.

  This Square Rounded set was done with clear base dip powder.  After applying the clear powder, I shaped, filed, and smoothed out the nail.  After the nails were smooth, I did a free handed nail polish art.  I did not free hand the rose, that is a decal.  This is the type of decals I love.  They are not stickers.  These decals are like fake tattoos, you just dip them in water for about 20 seconds and separate it from the paper then place it on the nail.  When finished, put a top coat on it and done.      

  Well, that's it.  I hope you all enjoyed them and I can't wait to share more with you all.  Until next time folks.........

                           Let's Talk!   

1 comment: