Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Nails

                      Let's Talk Nails!

    Hello everyone! I know it's been while since I last posted anything, but I've gotten really excited about doing nails lately and I wanted to share.  When I say doing nails, I don't mean just polish and be done. I mean acrylic nails, gel nails, and everything else that follows. 

    I have been doing my own nails for as long as I can remember.  I tried acrylic first when I was about 15 or 16 years old. I was really bad at it and didn't have the proper tools to correct my mistakes.  So, I began to use full coverage nails and polish.  It still made my nails look really pretty, but as I got older I wanted more.  I would go to the shop and get acrylic nails done and try to watch them do it so I could do my own and stop paying all that money every 2 weeks for a fill.  Still, that didn't help.  I later found out about Gel nails.  When I saw them doing the gel, I couldn't believe how easy it was to do gel.  I started to do my own nails and was really good at.  I haven't been to a shop in over 5 years.  

    My daughter is loving her nails right now.  She is a nail bitter and bits pretty far down.  She started doing full coverage nails and was asking me to start doing her nails.  While at first it was no walk in the park.  There wasn't enough natural nail for anything to stick.  So, I started to watch a ton of youtube channels.  Believe me when I say they have helped.

    My favorite channels to watch is, Nail Career Education, Natalie Carmona, Nailed by Nikki, and Naio Nails.  I started with Ms. Suzie (Nail Career Education).  She has taught me so much.  I've been able to do my daughter's nails for the last 3 to 6 months now.  I love doing nails!  I'm self taught but I really want to go to school for it and become even better at what I love doing.  


    These are the first set of nails I did on myself after watching a ton of videos by Ms. Suzie.  I did pretty good if I may say so myself.


    This is the first set of acrylic on my daughter.  The top is just the white acrylic and the bottom is the same but with polish.  There was a lot of imperfections and there was lefting.  A few came off and they had to be redone.  However, they lasted longer than her full coverage nails.  those would start coming off after a day or two.  The acrylics took at least 4 to 5 days before one came off.  I think the problem was too much near the cuticle and no primer.     

    Well, I hope you have enjoyed this post, but that is all for now.  Next, I will be talking about some other acrylic nails I have done.  Until next time folks.......

                             Let's Talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment